This candy is really sensitive to humidity, so make it only on dry, sunny days. Makes 4-6 servings.
- 2 packs sweet and salty popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry-roasted or shelled raw peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Butter a medium baking sheet lightly (do not line with wax or grease paper)
- Combine the sugar, light corn syrup, and salt in a large glass bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes, then add peanuts and microwave 4 more minutes. The mixture should be golden brown.
- Quickly stir in remaining ingredients, and pour onto your prepared pan using a spoon or spatula press down the mixture on the baking sheet
- Cool in the refrigerator until hard, and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.